My Kit arrived Saturday the
Hello! My work on my kit
was curtailed a bit due to the Christmas, New Year and Millennium
festivities and other jobs round the house, that won't wait. However
I have started once again and I am quite pleased with my efforts.
I laid it out to take the photos you see
My first job was to paint the chassis. I used black
Hammerite paint to start with and this seemed less brittle than the
silver. Then finished it off with enamel as this was more resilient to
The next task was to fit the front axle assembly and
this was straight forward.
I fitted the wishbones and
spindle carriers with the Cortina ball joints ( supplied in kit ) also the
anti-rollbar and steering rack.
The new bushes on the
anti-roll bar were a bit difficult to fit.
Next I fitted the front shock absorbers and springs (
available as an extra from JBA ) The only problem I had here was finding a
bolt to fit the top mounting, a 10mm bolt had too much movement. then I
found the answer this bolt is not a metric bolt, but a British
The Front Brakes was next on the agenda. I bought new
ventilated discs and calipers, together with new pads and brake cylinder
This completed my work at the front end in the
Work on the rear end started and you can see photos of
this in the next page.